Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as an MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
Trust & Estate Paralegal
The Trust & Estate Paralegal is a professional position responsible for the administration of multiple estate and Medicaid files.
• Prepare and file probate documents with the Court.
• Meet with clients and attorneys to gather information for the preparation of legal documents or Medicaid documents.
• Work with clients to value, marshal and distribute estate assets.
• Identify and discharge all estate liabilities.
• Maintain and balance estate checking account.
• Preparation of estate and inheritance tax returns.
• Work with tax professionals on the preparation of fiduciary income tax returns.
• Preparation of final accountings and all other related documents required for closing the estate.
• Prepare and file documents with the Department of Social Services.
• Gather and analyze required information for Medicaid applications.
• Assist attorneys and their clients with wealth management to protect assets from the nursing home.
• Assist clients with yearly Medicaid recertifications.
Job Requirements and Necessary Skills:
• Bachelor or Associate’s degree, preferably in Paralegal or related studies, or an accredited Paralegal Certificate. Greater consideration will be given for some Paralegal experience.
• Computer proficiency including experience with software applications such as WordPerfect, Word, Excel, IBM Notes. Tedec or any other Trust & Estate specific software is helpful.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, due to extensive contact with clients, attorneys, courts, government agencies and many others.
• Precise attention to detail and efficient record-keeping required.
• Ability to handle large, fast-paced volume of work.
• Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
• Ability to remain stationary position and to move about inside an office building for files/documents as needed
Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Paid Time Off; Retirement Plans; Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance