Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as a Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
The Trust & Estate Paralegal is a professional position responsible for the administration of multiple estate and Medicaid files.
• Prepare and file probate documents with the Court.
• Meet with clients and attorneys to gather information for the preparation of legal documents or Medicaid documents.
• Work with clients to value, marshal and distribute estate assets.
• Identify and discharge all estate liabilities.
• Maintain and balance estate checking account.
• Preparation of estate and inheritance tax returns.
• Work with tax professionals on the preparation of fiduciary income tax returns.
• Preparation of final accountings and all other related documents required for closing the estate.
• Assist attorneys and their clients with asset protection planning.
• Gather and analyze required information for Medicaid applications.
• Prepare and file documents with the Department of Social Services.
• Assist clients with yearly Medicaid recertifications.
Job Requirements and Necessary Skills:
• Bachelor or Associate’s degree, preferably in Paralegal or related studies, or an accredited Paralegal Certificate. Greater consideration will be given for some Paralegal experience.
• Computer proficiency including experience with e-filing and software applications such as WordPerfect, Word, Excel, Outlook. Hot Docs or any other Trust & Estate specific software is helpful. Ability to learn other software applications quickly, such as Worldox and Lackner 6in1.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, due to extensive contact with clients, attorneys, courts, government agencies and many others.
• Precise attention to detail and efficient record-keeping required.
• Ability to handle large, fast-paced volume of work.
• Ability to lift up to ten pounds
• Ability to remain in a stationary position and to move about inside an office building for files/documents as needed.
Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Paid Time Off; Retirement Plans; Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance