Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as a Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
LG&T seeks an associate attorney to join the Business Practice Group in the firm’s Vestal, New York office. Job Type: Full-time; on-site in the Vestal Office with some remote work opportunities. Preference will be given to those candidates with ties to the Upstate New York region. Many of our business clients have been with the firm for a number of years. The Business Practice Group consists of 15 attorneys who collaborate and work in a team environment. Due to our wide range of experience, we work on challenging projects and give all attorneys hands on training from the beginning of their careers.
Since 1927, the attorneys and staff of Levene Gouldin & Thompson have helped clients with prompt legal expertise. A general practice firm with offices throughout Central New York and Northern Pennsylvania, LG&T has over 70 attorneys and paralegals who provide counsel to families and businesses on a host of legal matters. Many LG&T attorneys are included on prestigious lists such as The Best Lawyers in America, New York Super Lawyers and the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America. LG&T is a civic minded firm, proud of its commitment to the community and long an active contributor in various community-based initiatives. Attorneys and staff enjoy opportunities to participate in a variety of charitable and non-profit programs and events sponsored by the firm.
- Provide guidance to clients on entity formation.
- Draft and review contracts.
- Represent clients in the purchase, sale and financing of businesses and commercial real estate, including asset and stock purchases and commercial real estate development projects.
- Provide general legal advice to business owners, commercial landlords and commercial tenants.
- 2-5 years of experience in business law preferred.
- Admitted in New York (For candidates graduating in May 2023, you must plan to that the New York Bar Examination in July 2023)
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience including a structured bonus program.
Benefits program for our attorneys is robust and includes:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health insurance, including dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plan
- Reimbursement for CLE programs
- Reimbursement for bar association fees and attorney registration fees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Family Leave