Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as a Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
Full-Time On-Site Vestal Office/Salary Range: $50-60K
Description: Under the principal supervision of the Director of Finance, the Payroll Administrator is primarily responsible for administering weekly payroll processing for all staff and employee attorneys. This includes maintaining necessary data relating to wages, tax withholding, benefit deductions, etc., following federal and state guidelines while accurately recording data into the accounting general ledger system. The Payroll Administrator will also be responsible for maintaining tracking systems including but not limited to PTO, terminated employees, emergency contact listings, insurance deduction reporting, 401k deferral and 401k loan, etc.
- Review of all changes and adjustments of timecards prior and processing weekly payroll.
- Maintain the pay system for all information needed to process accurate payroll including changes to positions, additional pay, pay rate adjustments, bonus checks, etc.
- Train staff and employees on timecard procedures and the use of the payroll system.
- Process all payroll reporting and auditing for accuracy and notify Director of Administration of missed electronic timecard punches for policy enforcement.
- Fund employee 401k deferrals, loan, tax, and benefit payments, along with other applicable deductions.
- Monitor employee time off requests to determine if approved by supervisors in a timely manner and recording in the appropriate program.
- Set up and track accrual PTO balances for accuracy including year to year carry over guidelines.
- Process employee absence call-ins, COVID tracking, etc. and provide information to Director of Administration for policy enforcement.
- Ensure exempt professional staff are paid according to contracts.
- Track and maintain various leaves of absences such as PFL, FMLA, Workers Compensation, Covid and PTO use and balances for staff and exempt employees.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and answer employee questions relating to payroll and deductions.
Additional various projects including quarterly, semi-annual and annual duties involving insurance deduction reporting, professional staff extra income, production and bonus calculations, DBL quarterly headcount and income figures, retirement plan compliance and open enrollment tracking, year-end PTO calculations and carry over balances, year-end holiday bonus administration, longevity bonus tracking and administration along with anniversary reminders, annual personnel budget projections, final profit sharing and 401k annual testing, proof of employment and wage verification for mortgage applications, etc.
- Two or a four- year degree in Accounting, Human Resources and/or Business experience preferred.
- Knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, accounting financial systems including payroll preferred and experience maintaining payroll databases.
- Payroll and general accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and organization skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and hour law.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and prioritize work to meet needs and deadlines.
- Ability to sit and/or stand comfortably during the workday and able to lift five (5) pounds.
- Ability to work on-site during the Firm’s core business hours of 8am-5pm.
- Reliable home internet connection to work remotely during limited circumstances.