Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as a Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
Legal Administrative Assistant
Date: February 14, 2023
The Legal Secretary is an invaluable, first line assistant to attorneys in our Montrose office.
Hours Required: Part-Time; 8:00 AM – 4:PM, Tuesday-Thursday
- Answering phone calls and personal contact with clients and potential clients.
- Preparation of legal documents, correspondence, reports, minutes, charts, etc. using Microsoft Office suite applications, primarily Word and Excel.
- Transcription from recorded digital dictation; manage attorneys’ calendars; maintain attorney files; post attorney time in billing software system and monitor billing on files; assist attorneys with deadlines and appointments.
- Order supplies as needed and assist with identifying the needs of this remote office by communicating with our Main office.
- Proficiency in WordPerfect, Microsoft Word & Excel, Outlook and ability to learn other applications quickly, such as Worldox (document management system).
- Excellent typing skills; must type at least 60 wpm.
- Proficient in formatting business correspondence, also in spelling, punctuation, grammar, proofreading, and other English language skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment.
- 2-year or 4-year college degree preferred.
- Notary Public license or must otherwise be acquired within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position while at desk; ability to move about the office and lift items such as files up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to commute to our Montrose office.
Paid Time Off; Retirement Plan.