Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as a Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
The IT Help Desk/Computer Support Specialist is all about delivering the best user support experience; from resolving issues on the user's desktop or laptop to troubleshooting software services. The IT Help Desk/Computer Support Specialist must combine an understanding of desktop computing, smartphones, Email, and client-side networking with firsthand experience working with users who expect great support, how and when they need it. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are critical so you can effectively work with our end users.
Part-Time: 10 AM -2PM; Monday-Friday
- Perform technical customer support to staff and attorneys via telephone, ticket system, chat and email
- Assist users in remote offices with any potential problems including connectivity and inter-office communication
- Build, maintain, and configure laptops and PCs in a mixed environment including Windows and Linux. Maintain standard PC build document.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware problems. Run diagnostic reports to determine malfunctions.
- Train new firm personnel in general firm software applications and standard firm computer operations with the firm’s onboarding procedure.
- Conduct regular and ongoing training courses for continuing education of firm personnel in software applications including WordPerfect, Word, Excel, and Cyber Security Policies and Procedures.
- Support of firm owned mobile devices.
- Apply critical thinking to complex user requests and ensure you are providing as much context and information as possible to deliver the best solutions as quickly as possible.
- Look for problem trends and recommend ways to improve support across the team.
- Computer science or computer related degree. Prefer Bachelor of Science degree; will consider Associate’s degree or other appropriate certifications with relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Windows networking and Windows 10 and 11 clients.
- Expertise in software applications including WordPerfect, Word, Excel, Outlook at a level to serve as an internal resource and conduct effective classes.
- Excellent communication and the ability to work patiently with end users in terms they understand.
- Ability to be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry technical equipment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 60% of the day; and ability to move about inside an office building to locations requiring IT assistance; and position self to maintain IT infrastructure including under desks and in server rooms.
- Ability to commute to Vestal office and satellite office locations as needed.
Health, Dental and Vision insurance; Paid Time Off; Retirement Plans; Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance