Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as an MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
Job Title: Litigation/Nurse Paralegal
The Nurse Paralegal works with other Litigation Paralegals to support the firm’s Litigation Attorneys by organizing, reviewing and/or summarizing medical records and providing other assistance necessary for the preparation of trials.
• Obtain and organize medical records.
• Review of medical records to locate and label portions relevant to legal allegations
• Analysis of content of medical records for potential issues regarding compliance with procedures or standards of care
• Medical literature research on pathology of case problems
• Identify and contact expert witnesses.
• Prepare letters and records for medical experts.
• Create reports, charts and exhibits when needed.
• Arrange conference calls with experts and attorneys.
• RN is preferred. Medical field experience is required (billing and coding, medical records experience).
• Background in any of the following fields may be helpful: orthopedics, obstetrics, medical/surgical, oncology.
• Comfortable with both oral and written communication.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Proficiency in WordPerfect, Microsoft Word & Excel, Outlook and ability to learn other applications quickly, such as Worldox.
Depending on Full Time or Part Time status (negotiable and TBD), benefits available include:
Health, Dental and Vision insurance; Paid Time Off; Retirement Plans; Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance.