Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as a Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
Since 1927, the lawyers and staff of Levene Gouldin & Thompson have helped clients with prompt legal expertise. A general practice firm with offices throughout Central New York and Northern Pennsylvania, LG&T has over 70 attorneys and paralegals who provide counsel to families and businesses on a host of legal matters. Many LG&T attorneys are included on prestigious lists such as The Best Lawyers in America, New York Super Lawyers and the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America. LG&T is a civic minded firm, proud of its commitment to the community and long an active contributor in various community-based initiatives. Attorneys and staff enjoy opportunities to participate in a variety of charitable and non-profit programs and events sponsored by the firm.
There is an opportunity in the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice area for a New York State admitted attorney with at least5 years of experience representing clients in corporate and commercial disputes in both state and federal court. The firm’s commercial practice is varied and diverse with an emphasis on complex commercial litigation, business litigation, real estate litigation and employment and labor matters.
Requirements (candidates must meet the following for consideration):
- Juris Doctor from Accredited Law School.
- New York State Bar admission. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in New York State.
- Minimum of 5 years of Commercial Litigation experience.
- Greater consideration is given to candidates with some connection to Binghamton or upstate New York area.
• Draft pleadings, motions, and legal memoranda.
• Attend depositions, court conferences, and settlement conferences.
• Handle all aspects of pre-trial discovery.
• Coordinate retention and preparation of expert witnesses.
• Represent clients at trial in both state and federal court.
• Represent clients in alternative dispute resolution.
• Provide legal advice and guidance to business clients on litigation related matters.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience including a structured bonus program.
Benefits program for our attorneys is robust and includes:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Affordable health insurance including dental and vision coverage
- Retirement plans
- CLE and bar admission expense reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Family Leave