Binghamton University/College Students
At Levene Gouldin & Thompson, we understand that a criminal conviction can have a devastating effect on the future of a young person. Young people make mistakes, sometimes make poor decisions without thinking of the long-term consequences, and are sometimes just in the wrong place at the wrong time. We are committed to defending college students from the Binghamton University and SUNY Broome communities who have been charged with a crime or are facing disciplinary action.
YOUR FUTURE IS AT STAKE
Facing criminal charges while in college presents a number of serious issues that require fast action and an aggressive defense. Not only may you face suspension or expulsion from school and possible fines or jail time, but the potential consequences for your future are just as serious. Some of the potential consequences are:
• Loss of eligibility for federally funded financial aid or student loans
• Loss of eligibility for sports scholarships or other scholarships
• Potential loss of opportunities such as eligibility for a dormitory resident assistant position
• Potentially costly loss of a semester’s worth of college if the criminal matter results in too much disruption to allow for successful completion of courses
• Potential academic suspension or dismissal from the institution
WE CAN HELP
As experienced attorneys, we provide dedicated defense against all types of criminal charges and disciplinary matters that college students may face, including:
• DWI/DUI – New York’s zero tolerance policy for minors means significant penalties
• Other traffic violations, including driving on a suspended license and reckless driving
• Underage drinking
• Drug crimes of all sorts, including possession, distribution, and charges relating to prescription drugs
• Fake IDs
• Sex offenses
• Violent crimes, including assault and battery
• Shoplifting, robbery, and vandalism
• Harassment, stalking and disobeying orders for protection
• Resisting arrest, criminal contempt and disorderly conduct
At Levene Gouldin & Thompson, we are prepared to work closely with not only students, but parents, coaches, and university administrators. If you are the parent of a college student who is in trouble, it is crucial to take action to protect your child’s future. Contact us today, and we will get to work for your child. If you are a student, come and see us—we are a short walk from the Binghamton University campus.
DON’T LET ONE MISTAKE PUT YOUR FUTURE AT RISK
Contact us today. We will clearly explain your legal situation, the steps in the process and your options. We will work with you to get you the best possible outcome.
Contact attorney John Perticone at Levene Gouldin & Thompson. He’s the chair of our Criminal Defense Practice Group and he can be reached at (607) 763-9200.