Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as an MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
The Real Estate Paralegal is a professional position with opportunity to work independently within a team environment. The Paralegal assists the attorney in preparing for real estate closings. This includes the preparation of legal documents, review of abstracts and abstract continuations, closing statements, and calculation of tax adjustments while maintaining contact with the client and supervising attorney involved with the transaction. This Paralegal can expect to handle 30-40 real estate files concurrently.
- Prepare various real estate documents.
- Assist attorneys in preparation for closings.
- Review contracts, agreements and various other legal documents.
- Review abstracts and title searches.
- Communicate effectively with attorneys and other paralegals.
- Communicate effectively with clients by phone and e-mail.
- Calculate tax adjustments and prepare closing statements.
- Utilize online resources and other tools available to research necessary information.
- Bachelor or Associate’s degree, preferably in Paralegal or related studies; or Accredited Paralegal Certificate.
- Knowledge of title insurance and abstracts.
- Computer proficiency including experience with software applications such as WordPerfect, Word, Excel, Outlook. Ability to learn other software applications quickly, such as Worldox.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, due to extensive contact with clients, attorneys and many others.
- Precise attention to detail and efficient record-keeping required.
- Ability to handle a large, fast-paced volume of work.
- Other personal qualities including excellent teamwork skills, initiative, responsibility, work ethic, and the ability to work independently.
Health, Dental and Vision insurance; Paid Time Off; Retirement Plans; Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance