Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as a Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
Since 1927, the lawyers and staff of Levene Gouldin & Thompson have helped clients with prompt legal expertise. A general practice firm with offices throughout Central New York and Northern Pennsylvania, LG&T has over 70 attorneys and paralegals who provide counsel to families and businesses on a host of legal matters. Many LG&T attorneys are included on prestigious lists such as The Best Lawyers in America, New York Super Lawyers and the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America. LG&T is a civic minded firm, proud of its commitment to the community and long an active contributor in various community-based initiatives. Attorneys and staff enjoy opportunities to participate in a variety of charitable and non-profit programs and events sponsored by the firm.
There is an opportunity in the firm’s Medical Malpractice Defense Litigation practice area for a New York State admitted attorney with 4 to 6 years of experience.
Requirements (candidates must meet the following for consideration):
• Juris Doctor from Accredited Law School.
• New York State Bar admission. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in New York State.
• Minimum of 4-6 years of medical malpractice defense litigation experience.
• Greater consideration is given to candidates with some connection to Binghamton or upstate New York area.
Defending medical malpractice actions from commencement to conclusion, including:
• Consulting with the clients and carriers.
• Drafting pleadings and discovery documents.
• Conducting depositions.
• Drafting and arguing motions.
• Handling trials.
• Drafting and arguing appeals.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience including a structured bonus program.
Benefits program for our attorneys is robust and includes:
• Generous Paid Time Off.
• Affordable health insurance including dental and vision coverage.
• Retirement plans.
• CLE and bar admission expense reimbursement.
• Employee Assistance Program.
• Paid Family Leave.