Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as an MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
The MedMal Litigation Paralegal is a professional position responsible for preparation of medical malpractice defense cases. The paralegal is assigned new medical malpractice defense cases from Litigation attorneys and becomes responsible for that file until the case is resolved and the file is closed.
- Ordering all medical records, radiology studies, and any other collateral source documentation, working closely with other law firms, clients, insurance companies and medical providers.
- Primary responsibility requires in-depth review of all medical records, discovery documents and investigation with careful attention to pursue and obtain all record acquisition.
- Organize, integrate, highlight and tab relevant records in binders and create record index.
- Drafting discovery demands, responses, motions and various insurance reporting documents.
- Work with clients, risk managers, and insurance company representatives regarding information for completion of discovery responses.
- Assist with locating expert witnesses, identifying plaintiff's expert witnesses, and obtaining background information.
- Legal and internet research of parties and expert witnesses.
- Assist attorney with numerous aspects of trial preparation which may include: subpoenas, arranging witnesses, assembly of records for trial, exhibits needed at trial, summarize witness testimony, etc.
- Assist all litigation attorneys with similar duties related to non-medical malpractice defense and plaintiff litigation cases.
Job Requirements and Necessary Skills:
- Bachelor or Associate’s degree, preferably in Paralegal or related studies, or an accredited Paralegal Certificate. Greater consideration will be given for some Paralegal experience.
- Computer proficiency including experience with software applications such as WordPerfect, Word, Excel, Outlook. Ability to learn other software applications quickly, such as Worldox.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, due to extensive contact with clients, attorneys, courts, government agencies and many others.
- Precise attention to detail and efficient record-keeping required.
- Ability to handle large, fast-paced volume of work.
- Litigation experience preferred.
Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Paid Time Off; Retirement Plans; Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance