Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as a Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
The Legal Secretary is an invaluable, first line assistant to 2-4 attorneys in a multi-office, 45+ attorney law firm. The current opportunity is located in the Litigation practice area in the firm’s main office in Vestal.
- Preparation of legal documents, correspondence, reports, minutes, charts, etc. using WordPerfect and the Microsoft Office suite applications, primarily Word and Excel.
- Transcription from recorded digital dictation; manage attorneys’ calendars and incoming phone calls; maintain attorney files; post attorney time in billing software system and monitor billing on files; organize committee meetings.
- Extensive phone and personal contact with clients.
- Assist their attorneys with staying on target with deadlines and appointments.
- Proficiency in WordPerfect, Microsoft Word & Excel (2010), Outlook and ability to learn other applications quickly, such as Worldox.
- Excellent typing skills; must test at 60 wpm minimum.
- Proficient in formatting business correspondence, also in spelling, punctuation, grammar, proofreading, and other English language skills.
- Work cohesively in a secretarial team; provide backup support for other attorneys within the team on a regular basis and where needed at any time.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment.
- 2-year or 4-year college degree.
- Notary Public license or must otherwise be acquired within 6 months of employment.
- Job requires ability to remain in a stationary position while at desk; to move about the office or when delivering or picking up documents; and lift items such as files up to 20 pounds.
Health, Dental and Vision insurance; Paid Time Off; Retirement Plans; Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance