Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as an MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
The Legal Secretary at LGT is an invaluable, first line assistant to attorneys in a multi-office, 45+ attorney law firm. The current opportunity is located in the firm’s main office in Vestal, working with a fast-paced attorney.
- Preparation of legal documents, correspondence, reports, minutes, charts, etc. using WordPerfect and the Microsoft Office suite applications, primarily Word and Excel.
- Transcription from recorded digital dictation; manage attorneys’ calendars and incoming phone calls; maintain attorney files; post attorney time in billing software system and monitor billing on files; organize committee meetings.
- Extensive phone and personal contact with clients.
- Assist their attorneys with staying on target with deadlines and appointments.
- Proficiency in WordPerfect, Microsoft Word & Excel (2010), Outlook and ability to learn other applications quickly, such as Worldox.
- Excellent typing skills; must test at 60 wpm minimum.
- Proficient in formatting business correspondence, also in spelling, punctuation, grammar, proofreading, and other English language skills.
- Work cohesively in a secretarial team; provide backup support for other attorneys within the team on a regular basis and where needed at any time.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment.
- 2-year or 4-year college degree.
- Notary Public license or must otherwise be acquired within 6 months of employment.
Health, Dental and Vision insurance; Paid Time Off; Retirement Plans; Long Term Disability Insurance; Life Insurance