• On April 3, 2020 Governor Cuomo signed a bill amending the Labor Law, requiring New York employers to provide sick leave to all employees
• Accrual and recordkeeping obligations under this new law became effective September 30, 2020 and employees may begin using accrued leave for Permitted Uses under this law on January 1, 2021
• Proposed regulations for New York’s Paid Sick Leave are available here, beginning on page 8: https://www.dos.ny.gov/info/register/2020/120920.pdf
• The public comment period for these proposed regulations expires on February 7, 2021
• This new law was discussed in a client alert previously distributed and available on our website at: https://www.lgtlegal.com/news/New-York-s-New-Paid-Sick-Leave-Law-Effective-September-30-2020_310-news.htm
• The guidance for the new law was discussed in a client alert previously distributed and available on our website at: https://www.lgtlegal.com/news/Guidance-for-New-York-s-Paid-Sick-Leave-Law_317-news.htm
The Attorneys in the Labor and Employment Practice Group at Levene Gouldin & Thompson, LLP are available to provide advice and counsel concerning matters related to this new law.