Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as a Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
Since 1927, the lawyers and staff of Levene Gouldin & Thompson have helped clients with prompt legal expertise. A general practice firm with offices throughout Central New York and Northern Pennsylvania, LG&T has over 70 attorneys and paralegals who provide counsel to families and businesses on a host of legal matters. Many LG&T attorneys are included on prestigious lists such as The Best Lawyers in America, New York Super Lawyers and the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America. LG&T is a civic minded firm, proud of its commitment to the community and long an active contributor in various community-based initiatives. Attorneys and staff enjoy opportunities to participate in a variety of charitable and non-profit programs and events sponsored by the firm.
LG&T seeks an associate attorney to join the Business Practice Group in the firm’s Vestal, New York office. The firm will consider applicants who have moderate experience in business law or applicants who will be completing their third year of law school in May, 2022. Candidates should either be admitted to practice law in New York State or plan to take the New York Bar Examination in February or July, 2022. Preference will be given to those candidates with ties to the Upstate New York region.
• Provide guidance to clients on entity formation.
• Draft and review contracts.
• Represent clients in the purchase and sale of business entities, including assets and commercial real estate.
• Provide general legal advice to business owners, commercial landlords and commercial tenants.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience including a structured bonus program.
Benefits program for our attorneys is robust and includes:
• Generous Paid Time Off.
• Health insurance, including dental and vision coverage.
• Retirement plan.
• Reimbursement for CLE programs.
• Reimbursement for bar association fees and attorney registration fees.
• Employee Assistance Program.
• Paid Family Leave.