Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as an MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
The Legal Secretary is an invaluable, first line assistant to 2 attorneys in our Deposit office.
Hours Required: 10:00AM – 3:00PM, Monday – Friday.
- Front desk receptionist responsibilities including answering phone calls and personal contact with clients and potential clients.
- Preparation of legal documents, correspondence, reports, minutes, charts, etc. using WordPerfect and the Microsoft Office suite applications, primarily Word and Excel.
- Transcription from recorded digital dictation; manage attorneys’ calendars; maintain attorney files; post attorney time in billing software system and monitor billing on files; assist attorneys with deadlines and appointments.
- Order supplies as needed and assist with identifying the needs of this remote office by communicating with home office.
- Proficiency in WordPerfect, Microsoft Word & Excel (2010), Outlook and ability to learn other applications quickly, such as Worldox (document management system).
- Excellent typing skills; must type at least 60 wpm.
- Proficient in formatting business correspondence, also in spelling, punctuation, grammar, proofreading, and other English language skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment.
- 2-year or 4-year college degree.
- Notary Public license or must otherwise be acquired within 6 months of employment.
Paid Time Off; Retirement Plan.