Thank you for your interest in this position!
To apply, please save your cover letter and resume together in ONE document as an MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file, then complete the application and upload your document using the form below.
Medical Malpractice Defense Litigation Associate Attorney
Since 1927, the lawyers and staff of Levene Gouldin & Thompson have helped clients with prompt legal expertise. A general practice firm with offices throughout Central New York and Northern Pennsylvania, LG&T has over 70 attorneys and paralegals who provide counsel to families and businesses on a host of legal matters. Many LG&T attorneys are included on prestigious lists such as The Best Lawyers in America, New York Super Lawyers and the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America. LG&T is a civic minded firm, proud of its commitment to the community and long an active contributor in various community-based initiatives. Attorneys and staff enjoy opportunities to participate in a variety of charitable and non-profit programs and events sponsored by the firm.
There is an opportunity in the firm’s Medical Malpractice Defense Litigation practice area for a New York State admitted attorney with 2 to 3 years of experience.
Requirements (candidates must meet the following for consideration):
- Juris Doctor from Accredited Law School.
- New York State Bar admission. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in New York State.
- Minimum of 2 years of medical malpractice defense litigation experience.
- Greater consideration is given to candidates with some connection to Binghamton or upstate New York area.
Defending medical malpractice actions from commencement to conclusion, including:
- Consulting with the clients and carriers.
- Drafting pleadings and discovery documents.
- Conducting depositions.
- Drafting and arguing motions.
- Handling trials.
- Drafting and arguing appeals.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience including a structured bonus program.
Benefits program for our attorneys is robust and includes:
- Generous Paid Time Off.
- Affordable health insurance including dental and vision coverage.
- Retirement plans.
- CLE and bar admission expense reimbursement.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid Family Leave.